Merino Nightie / Sleeping Gown
Made from 100% super soft Merino wool for better, longer sleep, our 100% Merino Nightie makes the perfect layer to wear under the Sweet Cheeks Merino Sleeping bag or baby wrap. Our Merino nightgown is super soft and breathable perfect for the first few weeks and months of life. The design allows for easy dressing with a v neck to keep fabric away from the face, a drawstring bottom to make nappy changing easy and keep little feet warm. The fold down mittens are great for keeping little hands warm and preventing any unnecessary scratching of the face.
For a good night’s sleep bundle up your newborn in our merino wool sleeping gown. Our merino nightgown comes in two sizes, premature and NB-6 months.
Design features include:
- Merino regulates body temperature so your baby won’t overheat or wake up cold during the night – great for summer or winter.
- Lightweight, non-irritating and incredibly soft against new, young sensitive skin
- Merino naturally resists bacteria, stains and odour.
- Long Sleeves to keep their arms warm.
- Generous sizing – nice and stretchy so it will provide a comfortable fit and last longer
- Fold over mittens to prevent scratching and keeps their little hands warm
- Draw string bottom provides easy access for nappy changes – no tricky buttons or domes just lift up and change without having to undress.
- V neck – for easy dressing and no fabric near the face.
- Made in New Zealand
|Size Guide||Length (from back neck line down)|
|Prem – NB||90 cm|
|NB – 6 mths||110 cm|
Why Merino wool?
Renewable and 100% Natural – Wool is one of the safest and most natural fibres to have next to your body. It naturally resists bacteria, stains and odour therefore requires less washing so it is easy to care for.
Comfort – Our super fine knit merino is very stretchy and has a silky soft feel making it lovely to put against delicate sensitive skin and it is non-irritating. This makes it so comfortable to wear. Merino being hypoallergenic has also been linked with lowering skin allergies.
Breathable and Regulates Heat – Being naturally breathable the fine fibres trap small air pockets between the fibres, as a result it is this which helps to regulate heat and moisture flow to and from your baby’s body, protecting the body’s micro climate to changing conditions. Your baby won’t overheat or wake up cold during the night.
Click here for more benefits
Caring for your baby sleeping gown
Merino Wool is one of the most hard wearing fabrics available, however, wool still requires some occasional care to keep it looking its best. To keep your merino nightgown in optimum condition click here to find out some tips.